Party Chip & Veggie Dip

Party Chip & Veggie Dip

A simple and easy chip and vegetable dip with the surprising taste of curry in every bite.

Here's a simple little recipe for a tasty chip and vegetable dip that I've had for years and years.  It's in my recipe box and I couldn't even begin to tell you where I might have acquired this gem.  I must confess, though, that I've never made this dip until today. . . sigh... my loss.  I should have made it when I first copied it down and enjoyed it over the years.  You can see the picture of the card on which it is written in my very own handwriting.  


This goes together so quickly, it's almost as fast as opening up a container or jar of premade dip from the grocery store.  Of course, this isn't healthy but it is very tasty.  I suppose its only healthy redeeming ingredient is the sliced green onion but chip dips aren't really supposed to be healthy, are they?

If you are the adventurous sort when it comes to seasoning, try a hotter curry paste in place of the mild curry powder, if you wish. 
 
Printable recipe at end of post. 
Party Chip & Veggie Dip
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 or 2 green onions, sliced
  • ½ - 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
How to make it:
Combine all ingredients together and chill several hours to let the flavours blend.  Refrigerate any left-overs. Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables. 

Makes a generous 1½ cups.


This dip is so easy to put together.  Only four ingredients for such a great taste.

Just thought I'd show you my clay flower pot that sometimes shows up in photos.  It holds my most used kitchen utensil.

 Place all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and. . .

 . . . mix everything together.

 Chill several hours to let the flavours blend together.

Find a pretty serving dish and lay out the chips and vegetables with the dip in the middle.

Doesn't that look delicious!

Tasty dip for your next party.

To print click on arrow upper right side.⇩          

Comments

Popular Posts